Working Parties* are open to everyone interested in maintaining the Brook in a good state for the benefit of local residents and wildlife. If you are interested in Volunteering please follow the link for more details. A Map of Sites where we Meet is available to help you find us. Everyone is welcome, under 16s must be accompanied by a responsible adult. Please wear stout footwear and suitable clothing for the weather. Gloves, tools and refreshments provided
* We have had to change things to meet the Covid 19 guidelines – see our home page for latest info.
Next Working Party
- Saturday 10th April
- We are delighted to let you know that CBGG Working Parties are able to restart!
We will hold our first Work Party of 2021 on Saturday 10 April 2021.
Due the restrictions still in place there will be two separate groups of six, working on different tasks, both subject to certain restrictions which I outline below.
- Pre-booked volunteers will be advised on the place to meet when their volunteer role is confirmed (usually the Thursday before the Work Party)
- Regrettably we cannot allow people to ‘just turn up’ on the day
- Tools must not be shared, or must be thoroughly cleaned before being passed on to others
- Volunteers may either bring their own gloves or will be given a new pair by CBGG which they may keep and take home with them.
- Volunteers must bring their own liquid refreshments, a selection of wrapped biscuits will be provided
- Whilst working social distancing of at least 2 metres (approx.) must be maintained by all volunteers not in the same household
- Please do not volunteer if you are shielding, self-isolating, have recently tested positive for Covid 19 or feel unwell in any way
The next Work Party in on Saturday 10 April starting at 10am. The Work Party will involve clearing brambles and creating a glade for wildflower seed planting, building a protective ‘dead hedge’, general path and access tidying and of course some litter picking! If you are interested and able to join us for this Work Party please contact us by e-mail on email@example.com or by phone 07508 837171. The deadline for registering for the next Work Party is 12 noon on Wednesday 7 April. Should we need to restrict numbers allocation to the Work Parties will be on a ‘first come first served’ basis. If you have any questions about this please do not hesitate to contact us.
Places on Work Parties must be pre-booked as we can only accommodate a limited number of volunteers
Upcoming Working Parties
The second Saturday of every month – Limited numbers to ensure compliance with latest guidelines